Museum & Archives Tour Information
The Lititz Moravian Museum and Archives, offer the visitor a close-up look at many rare and intriguing historical items that range from one of the earliest colonial era fire engines extant (Feuer Spritzer), to the first American-made viola (John Antes - 1764). This fascinating collection tells the stories of our rich Moravian religious history, music, community structure, and educational system.
Some of the notable historic items that can be seen in our museum include:
- Feuer Spritzer (Fire Pumper) 1792
- Colonial Shoes, ca 1790, among best preserved examples extant
- Windsor Chair Collection, ca 1765-1810
- John Valentine Haidt Oil Paintings, ca 1765
- Rare Coffee Mill made by colonial rifle maker Andreas Albrecht 1764
- Viola made by John Antes, 1764
- Serpent Horn made by Gutter, Bethlehem c. 1820
- A wide collection of many rare and unusual brass, woodwind, and string
Our Archives contain many hundreds of rare books, some dating back to the 17th century, including many volumes by Count Zinzendorf plus hundreds of other items displayed throughout seven rooms.
The Museum and Archive is located at 2 Church Avenue, Lititz, PA.
Phone: (717) 626-8515