LITITZ MORAVIAN CEMETERY
The Lititz Moravian Cemetery is a privately owned and operated cemetery. The Lititz Moravian Congregation owns and maintains the property and regulates the use of the cemetery.
Records of interments are kept meticulously in the church office. Contact 717-626-8515 for more information.
The twelve acre Moravian Cemetery is located behind the church and parking area. The oldest part of the Cemetery is called God’s Acre which is located immediately after you pass under the Cemetery Arch with its inscription in German, translated “Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord”.
The graves in God’s Acre are marked by flat gravestones to symbolize equality in death. They are arranged by the “choir system” in which the men are buried on the right side of the cedar tree-lined driveway and women on the left side with a separate section for young children. God’s Acre was laid out in early 1758 and therefore many of the gravestones of the early Moravians in Lititz are inscribed in German.
MORAVIAN MEMORIAL GARDEN - Click here for information on the Moravian Memorial Garden.
CEMETERY REGULATIONS - Click here to view cemetery regulations