Safety Steps for Indoor In-person Worship Service at Lititz Moravian Beginning Sunday October 4
8:00 AM Service – Approximate seating 100 in the Sanctuary
10:30 AM Service – same
Overflow seating will be available for both in Fellowship Hall
1. Enter the church from the back entrance where attendance will be taken.
2. Everyone must wear facemasks. They are available at the door if you need them.
3. The corridor has been marked with 6-foot social distancing labels.
4. The pews have been marked for seating that maintains social distancing between households in all directions per the seating plan that was developed. Ushers are ready to help you find your seating.
a. Note with our fixed pew locations, utilizing every other pew as we did for communion only results in a 5’-2” separation. We will utilize every other 3rd pew that will result in a 7’-9” that exceeds the recommended social distancing guidelines.
b. At the conclusion of each service, the ushers will dismiss the pews in an orderly fashion similar to a wedding dismissal. Please exit promptly and don’t stop to talk until you are outside. Pastors will be outside.
5. Windows will be open for fresh air.
6. Air Scrubbers have been installed in the air ducts for the air conditioning and heating ducts.
a. Air scrubber technology was originally developed in cooperation with NASA to create a safe atmosphere for astronauts on the International Space Station.
b. Protects you from dust, germs, mold, and pollen.
c. The technology uses specialized light waves along with a catalytic process that creates enviro-scrubbing molecules of oxygen and hydrogen which purify the air.
7. Surface cleaning will be completed by trained volunteers between the 8:00 and 10:30 service. Cleaning supplies will be available in the Sanctuary.
What can you do to help?
1. At the conclusion of the service, please exit promptly when directed. Do not congregate inside.
2. If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
3. If you cannot wear a facemask, please stay home.
4. Services will be livestreamed and on our website.
5. If you would normally attend the 10:30 service, please consider attending the 8:00 service. Due to the social distancing requirements, the seating capacity has been reduced to approximate 100 seats per service. We need to balance the attendance between the two services as much as possible. Also, note, that due to the social distancing requirements the choir will not be singing at the present time. It is anticipated most services will have the same special music will be offered at both services.
6. Email the church office or call the church office this week and indicate which service you will attend on Sunday, October 4, and how many household members your group will consist of.
7. The Nursery will be available for the 10:30 service. In addition to our nursery guidelines, the following safety steps are to be followed:
a. All nursery volunteers must wear a mask
b. Children over the age of 2 are not required to wear a mask
c. Most toys have been removed
d. Check in and out procedures are the same
e. Windows will be opened for air circulation
f. Nursey will be disinfected each week