The following guidelines were developed from multiple sources after review of Federal, State, and CDC standards and changes in the guidelines in May 2021. This document was produced to ensure a safe environment is provided when it becomes permissible to resume live worship services and for our entire campus as we plan to return to the new normal for day-to-day church activities. We are committed to the safety of our worshippers, volunteers, and staff.
Due to the Governor’s mandates, CDC guidelines, and best practices, Lititz Moravian will continue to offer online services for all worshippers, particularly for those considered to be high risk, and those who may choose not to attend live services at this time. Lititz Moravian, while following best practices, cannot guarantee a COVID-19 free environment. Everyone who chooses to attend a live service accepts the risks of potential cross contamination of COVID-19 and will not hold Lititz Moravian liable.
This document will be periodically updated as conditions change and reviewed on an annual basis.
High Risk worshippers include:
- People over 65
- People with chronic lung disease
- People with serious heart conditions
- People who are immunocompromised
- People with severe obesity
- People with diabetes
- People with chronic kidney disease or on dialysis
- People with liver disease
- Unvaccinated adults
- Feeling sick? – If you are not feeling well, please stay home.
- Routine Cleaning – The Sanctuary cleaning will be in accordance with all written Housekeeping and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Seating – Sanctuary seating capacity will be determined by a revised seating chart using every other row. Wearing a mask will be optional effective 6/28/21/ in alignment with Pennsylvania guidelines.
- Singing/Choir – Physical distancing for singing will be evaluated by the Pastors, Music Director and staff. They will develop a plan for singing and choir participation. The plan will be submitted to the Elders for evaluation and determination of how singing will be continued at services. The Moravian Northern Province guidelines on singing published May, 18,2021 will be considered when developing the singing plan.
- Mask Policy – Wearing a mask will be optional effective 6/28/21.
- Role of Ushers and Greeters – Ushers will prop open designated outside doors 20 minutes prior to the start of services so worshippers will not need to come in contact with door handles. Greeters will be optional.
- Hand Shaking – The traditional hand shaking by greeters will not be part of their duties. Hand shaking will not be part of the worship service.
- Commitment to Social/Physical Distancing – All coat hangers will be restored to the coat racks. Worshippers will maintain reasonable a Social/Physical distance.
- Restore of Pew Bibles, Hymnals, Pencils. – The conversion to paper/electronic or another format will continue. The IT team/Office will e-mail worship program, hymns, readings, liturgy…... so worshippers may follow the service on their electronic device. Paper copies will be available at each designated seating area for those who don’t have tablets, phones, or iPads. Overhead projection will continue to be used. Prayer Requests – Prayer request cards may be reinstated. Prayer requests will continue to be from pastor solicitation during a live service or all other previously used communication channels including the church website. Offertory/Collection – The passing of Plate offerings remain discontinued until the church is fully open. Offering plates will be located near the Star room and in the Narthex.
- Sanitizing Stations – Hand sanitizing stations will be located in the following locations…………………… 3 doors to the Sanctuary
- Rest Rooms/Drinking Fountains – Drinking fountains will be turned off/blocked. Rest rooms will be sanitized per written housekeeping policy.
- Communion – Will be administered in the following manner: pre-packaged wafers and juice. Their distribution method will be determined.
- Love Feast – Will be conducted in the following manner: Love Feast will follow a written plan has developed for each service.
- Sound Booth – Worshippers are to maintain a social/physical distance of 6 feet from Sound Booth Staff. Safe CDC practice to be followed
- Pastors may greet worshippers after services are completed. They may locate themselves at an appropriate physical/social distance to say goodbye to worshippers.
Other Church Buildings:
- “Outside” groups will still be considered on a case-by-case basis by our Facilities Request Committee. All activities must continue to schedule through the church office).
- Federal, State, and CDC guidelines will be followed in all church buildings.
- Security/Building Access and Lockdown – The church buildings will resume normal business hours/
- Mask Policy – Masks are optional effective 6/28/21
- Commitment to Social/Physical Distancing – All employees and visitors will maintain reasonable social/physical distance.
- Sunday School/Nursery – Is opened per its written safety plan.
- Security/Office Visitors/Workers – resume normal business hours.
Communication/Connection Plan of New Church Policies and Practices to Members:
- These policies will be made available to the congregation when approved by the Joint Board. They may be sent via e-mail, US mail, contained in the Spire, posted on the church website, or communicated in any manner deemed appropriate.
- Church calling tree may be used to facilitate communication with members.
- Ushers will be needed in normal compliment
- Greeters – optional
- Pew pads may be restored
- Outside services will be conducted with no restrictions
- Sign-in pad will be discontinued